NABCO Trainees and Unemployed Youth To Form Alliance Against Bawumia’s 2024 Presidential Bid

0

The Coalition of NABCO Trainees has hinted that his group is planning to launch an alliance to campaign against Dr. Mahamadu Bawumia’s presidential bid in the upcoming 2024 general elections.

According to him, the Vice President is not capable of doing anything beneficial to the youth of Ghana apart from the introduction of policies which later turn out to hinder the socio-economic development of the young people of Ghana.

 “We wish to inform the Vice President that NABCO Trainees who were laid off without due settlement of our 9months arrears together with unpaid victims of Youth in Afforestation Project, YEA, and all the unemployed youth suffering on our various streets are in quest to launch UNEMPLOYED YOUTH ALLIANCE against his presidential bid and give him a SHOWDODWN in the 2024 General elections.”

The ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) has elected Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia as their flag bearer in the upcoming Presidential Elections IN December 2024.

Speaking to party members and supporters at the Accra Sports Stadium after the declaration of the results, Dr. Bawumia said “I want to lead a nation that improves and unleashes the talents of our youth, and offers good jobs with good pay”.

The Coalition of NABCO Trainees has called on Ghanaians to ignore Dr. Bawumia’s promise of leading a nation that improves and unleashes the talents of our youth, and offers good jobs with good pay.

In a press release signed by Nana Barimah Asamoah, the NABCO Trainees said they are amazed at the Dr. Bawumia’s shameful courage as he continues to publicly announce vague promises after making the lives of the youth miserable with the introduction of NABCO and other sloganeering policies.

Unambiguously, we wish to state that the Vice President is a monumental failure when it comes to initiating policies that alleviate the youth from unemployment and abject poverty. He has nothing good to offer the youth again.

They called on Dr Bawumia to divert his energies on compensating and paying the arrears owed the victims who have suffered as a result of policies which were launched and subsequently collapsed under the watch of Dr. Bawumia as Vice President.

According to the statement, they have every right to blame Dr. Bawumia for the problems faced by NABCO Trainees because it is the office of the Vice President that initiated the experimental NABCO scheme woefully in a manner that saw the appoint of Dr. Bawumia’s first son Dr. Ibrahim Anyars as C.E.O. who ended up running the scheme into a ditch.  

Again, Dr. Bawumia personally signed the letter which directed them to remain at post pending permanent employment, after the expiration of their contractual agreement. This arrangement later turned out to be a lie. Yet their members had been made to work for 9moths without pay.

Read Also >>>> BAWUMIA DOESN’T DESERVE TO BE PRESIDENT; HE IS A FAILURE – KOBBY MENSAH

The group is of the opinion that the inhuman treatment meted out to NABCO Trainees by the Vice President contradicts his current posture of caring about the youth. “Simply, Dr. Mahamadu Bawumia can never be trusted due to his despicable track record.”

Read the full statement below >>>

Also recommended >>>> DR. BAWUMIAH IS A “FAILURE”, HOW DO WE SELL HIM?- FORMER NPP MP

Also Trending >>> LIST OF 100 SCANDALS UNDER AKUFO ADDO/BAWUMIA LED NPP GOVERNMENT IN A SPACE OF 2 1/2 YEARS

The opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) indicated it would make the Nation Builders’ Corps (NABCo) trainees permanent staff if it had won the 2020 elections.

Discussing the NDC 2020 manifesto on JoyNews’ The Lockdown on Sunday, the party’s Communications Officer, Sammy Gyamfi said creating jobs for the youth will be a major policy of the new NDC government in 2021.

Mr Gyamfi said making beneficiaries of NABCo permanent staff will be one of its first steps to reduce the rate of unemployment in the country.   

“When they [NABCo trainees] were engaged, that was supposed to last three years and that will elapse this year. The government seeing elections approaching and is looking for votes has decided to extend it for another six months.

“But former President John Mahama says he doesn’t believe in ad hoc jobs. He appreciates the fact that unemployment is a big problem and a security threat to a nation. So what he will do is to make all NABCo beneficiaries permanent,” he said.

Currently, the Former President, H.E. John Dramani Mahama is on a nationwide tour, to enable him to understand at first hand the needs and aspirations of the ordinary Ghanaian.

It is unclear whether this tour will initiate some changes in the NDC’s 2020 “People’s Manifesto or if it is intended to introduce new policies in order to make it relevant to the ordinary Ghanaian.